Terminal in Emden
The terminal area in Emden is open from 2 pm. Please do not arrive before this time. Due to the departure of another ferry, the site is not yet accessible to passengers of Holland Norway Lines before 2 pm. Toilets are available on site.
Terminal in Norway
The terminal in Kristiansand opens at 1 pm. We share the terminal building with two other ferry companies. If you enter the building, you walk straight into our check-in desk. If you go up the stairs, you will find a shared waiting area, as well as the toilets.
Please bring your booking confirmation with QR code to the check in and keep your passport or identity card ready. When checking in, you will receive a boarding pass, which shows your cabin number and, if applicable, your booked meals. The boarding pass also serves as the key to your cabin.
Time to be present
- Check-in in Emden opens at 2:00 PM. Please do not arrive before this time. Due to the departure of another ferry, the site is not accessible to Holland Norway Lines passengers before 2:00 PM.
- If you are travelling as a foot passenger, we advise you to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to departure. If you are travelling with a vehicle, we recommend that you arrive at least 120 minutes prior to departure.
- NOTE: check-in closes 60 minutes before the ship departs.
In Kristiansand, the check-in opens at 1:00 pm, and departure time is 5:00 pm. We advise you to arrive 90 minutes prior to departure at the terminal, for both foot passengers and passengers with a vehicle. In case you need specific assistance when boarding, we advise you to be at the terminal 120 minutes before departure. NOTE: Check-in closes 60 minutes prior to ship departure. Always check the departure and arrival times on your most recent ticket
Information for Minicruise Passengers
When you are travelling to Kristiansand on a minicruise, do not forget to bring your passport or identity card with you when you disembark the ship. When returning on board, you must check in again at the terminal in Kristiansand.
Parking in Emden
It is possible to park your car in the AG Ems car park. All Holland Norway Lines passengers can park at P2 and P3 (see map below). Both car parks are located within walking distance from the terminal. It is not possible to buy a parking ticket via Holland Norway Lines, you can book your parking ticket in advance via this link. It is also possible to buy a parking ticket directly at the ticket office, which is located at the entrance of P1 (see map below).
Foot passengers and car passengers embark the ship at different stages. Foot passengers walk through the car deck on board, however not at the same time as the cars, for safety reasons. In case you need help with boarding, a shuttle bus is available to take you on board. Motorcycle passengers are the last to board, due to the loading of the ship.
Customs in Norway
Upon arrival in Norway, you will leave the ship. Every passenger is obliged to go through customs. If you have something to declare, choose the red row. If you are in a coach or disembark by taxi you can let the driver know if you have anything to declare. The driver will then stop at customs so that you can complete the declaration.
- Consult the site of the Norwegian Customs for what you can/cannot bring into Norway
- And what you can/cannot take with you when you leave Norway.
Customs in Germany
On arrival in Germany, you disembark the ship. Every passenger is obliged to go through customs. If you have something to declare, choose the red line. If you are on a coach or disembarking by shuttle bus, you can tell the driver if you have anything to declare. The driver will then stop at customs for you to fill in the declaration.
- Check the German Customs website to find out what you can/cannot take with you when you return to Germany and what you can/ cannot take with you when you leave Germany.